Friday, October 20, 2006

Found Objects Doll

She was a mermaid waiting to be made from odds and ends that I found around the house and on my desk! This is my first attempt at really making a doll. I think she came out really nice. She is made to be hung on the wall. I kind of wanted to keep her. But, it's for a swap, so out she will go! Have fun at your new home!! I can't wait to see what comes back.

So, from head to fins, she's made out of:
Ribbons
Wires
Vellum Tags
Formica Chips
Metal Stars
Misc Papers
Beads
Metal Square
Used Bottlecaps
Acrylic Paints
Fibers
UTEE
Sequins
Stones
Buttons
Paperclips
Clay

3 comments:

Julie H said...

Fantastic! What a great idea. Love the combination of ribbon and metal. Lucky, lucky recipient.

Anonymous said...

I got to see this in person and hold it in my hands, it's wonderful :)

Sue said...

Just found your blog and am mesmerized by your colors - you lean toward the same colors I do. This doll...oh my. I see you posted her a while ago, but I'm absolutely in love! I want a big, blown-up photo of her so I can hang her on my inspiration wall!!

Sue K.