Friday, June 09, 2006

Watercolored Spring Spreads


Okay, so it's almost summer now, but I got these great zia stamps, and I HAD to use them!! I love her stamps, and her color wash jewels - that's all I used (okay, and a little bleach!) to do these spreads.

First is the sign in. It's the size of an ATC. You've got the front, and the back.











Next, the first spring spread. Light colors, spring flowers and spring chinese symbols. I really like the fluidity of watercolors, and felt that it was perfect for a spring spread.

I really like her cherry trees branch, it works with so many things.
Of course, in person, these spreads really pop! There is a lot of intensity with these watercolors that you just can't scan in. Words are all handwritten for the effect of fluidity - that's a fun word, i wonder how many more times i can use it....
Okay, these filled with more symbology for spring. We've got the zodiac signs, some water and air symbols and more watercolors and flowers. Aren't those water lillies gorgeous?

I had a bit of trouble with the dragonflies, they turn out quite the way I would have liked, but they are still lots of fun and very colorful! I got to intense with the wrong colors, so I used some bleach and backed out those colors.

These were a lot of fun to do, even though my heat gun died on me!! Hope Kevin likes them!!

No comments: